Full interior design consultancy
Space planning & 2D designs
Shelving and furniture plan
Signage and Branding
Please visit: www.wearelibrarypeople.com for more information
LibraryTech NZ works with BCI Denmark, who have been pioneering libraries of all kinds all over the world since 1929. Today, we deliver our experience, expertise and creativity with a flexible system of high-quality products. The result is innovative library design.
We work with the library as a creative space where we add ideas, experience, competence, and of course furniture. Your project may be small or big, but our aspiration is always to make a library that people will use and enjoy.
Facilitated by our in-depth understanding of library functionality, new thinking is our foremost contribution. With thousands of library reference projects in all parts of the world our consultants and design teams are proven innovators and library specialists. We turn ideas into reality and set benchmarks for libraries in close cooperation with architects, interior designers, craftsmen and librarians.
Interior Design Cases
WHAT TO THINK ABOUT
WHEN FURNISHING A NEW LIBRARY
- What design/function will the new library have?
- Collaborative advantages with the municipality - which users? – other functions such as public services, café and space for studying?
- What portion of the loanable books should be accessible - should it be designed like a large open warehouse?
- Inspiring and relevant study visits
- Can interior design consultants be engaged at an early collaborative stage with building contractors and architects?
- Interactive range?
- Target groups?
- Self-service/manual or automated book returns?
- A larger reception counter or several smaller information counters for loans?
- Shelf lighting?
WHAT TO THINK ABOUT
WHEN MODERNISING AN EXISTING LIBRARY
- What is the financial budget?
- What can be recycled and what needs to be purchased?
- Relacquer existing shelves and add new functionality, e.g. inbuilt/add-on tables, display and exhibition solutions or seating?
- Can an upgrade with more focus on individual titles both attract new users and increase book loans?
- Can a different interior design enhance light flow/daylight, views and multiple floors?
- What does an integrated public service centre or a partially open, unmanned library require?
- Is it possible to draw up a long-term modernisation plan that will see fruition in a number of years?